Take learning outside this summer with some fun hands-on math games. These math activities for kids use the pool, sidewalk chalk, bikes, scooters and more to make learning fun.
Top 10 Hands-On Math Games for Outside
- Keep those times tables fresh with skip-counting hopscotch.
- Water balloon math from No Time for Flashcards.
- Number recognition game with sidewalk chalk: Put the fire out.
- Measuring in nature from Wildlife Fun 4 Kids.
- Stomp-it! Place Value game. Move it outside and use sidewalk chalk.
- Times table learning with chalk and a fly swatter.
- There’s lots of money math in a Lemonade stand.
- Make a hula-hoop clock with sticks and sidewalk chalk.
- Math in the pool! from Toddler Approved.
- Sidewalk chalk mental math game on a scooter or a bike.
You may also like:
- Hands-On Math for Kindergarten and First Grade
- Ultimate Guide to Hands-On Math for 2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade
For more great ideas of things to do with kids this summer, follow the School’s Out Top 10 Summer Learning Blog Hop by Kid Blogger Network.