This post may contain affiliate links.
When it’s just too nice to be indoors, we take math outside. Here’s one fun way to get some multiplication practice.
We wrote multiplication facts for 8 on our front step. Isn’t this rainbow chalk cool? I got it at Target last season but I hope they have it again this year.
We used a dollar store flyswatter and whacked each number as we said them.
Whole-body learning is something that works well for a lot of kids, including my ten year old.
We then supplemented with some more practice from Khan Academy (it’s free). Type “multiply by 8” into their search feature for practice problems.
More Ways to Have Fun Learning Math Facts
- Write numbers on the sidewalk with chalk, one number per square. Ride a bike or scooter and say each number out loud as you ride over or past them.
- Say math facts as you toss a ball back and forth to each other.
- High-five math up the stairs.
- Play hopscotch using multiplication tables instead of consecutive numbers.
- Stomp-It! Place Value Game
- Ultimate Guide to Hands-On Learning for 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders.
For more hands-on math ideas, follow our Pinterest Group Board.